7 Tips for New Moms.
I was not warned about the challenges of being a mother. I think babies have no formulas. there are some which are quiet in the afternoon and cry a lot at night while others are always quiet. Baby girls seem not to be stubborn but most baby boys cry a lot..
But, what are some ways to give yourself a break from this hell unleashed called sleeplessness or worse broken sleep. Here you go.
- Actually sleep when the baby sleeps- This might only work if you have one child or if you happen to be a nap queen and are able to get all of your children to sleep at the same time. But if you can, sleep when the baby sleeps.
- Let the house get messy- I know, mess can cause anxiety. But if you are always trying to keep your house perfect, then let some of it go. Don’t get stuck on crossing everything off your to-do list and some days, just close the doors and walk away from the mess
- Hire someone to help- If you can afford it, hire out some help. This may mean hiring a cleaning lady or even the pre-teen girl next door to come be a “mother’s helper” a few times a week.
- Order out- Don’t be a slave to your kitchen. Order out or use a meal delivery service for your dinners
- Grocery pickup- Honestly, this is the greatest invention of the 21st century. Order your groceries online and pick them up or have them delivered to your house. Checking that task off your list is an amazing help.
- Understand that this is survival mode- Will you look your best? Probably not. Will you shower every day? Nope. Will you drink entirely too much coffee? Yes. You are in survival mode. AND THAT’S OK.
- Do something every day that makes you happy- Maybe it's showering in peace. Maybe it's having a glass of wine at dinner. Maybe it's a 30-minute workout. Do one thing every day that is just for you. Ask your partner to make sure you get this time for you, especially if you are the primary caregiver at night too.