A blanket wrapped snuggly around your baby’s body can resemble the mother’s womb and help soothe your newborn baby. The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says that when done correctly, swaddling can be an effective technique to help calm infants and promote sleep.
Step by Step guide :
The beauty of swaddling is in its simplicity. If you have muslin and two loving hands, you can’t go wrong.1.To swaddle, spread the blanket out flat, with one corner folded down.
2. Lay the baby face-up on the blanket, with her head above the folded corner.
3. Straighten her left arm, and wrap the left corner of the blanket over her body and tuck it between her right arm and the right side of her body.
4. Then tuck the right arm down, and fold the right corner of the blanket over her body and under her left side.
5. Fold or twist the bottom of the blanket loosely and tuck it under one side of the baby.
6. Make sure her hips can move and that the blanket is not too tight. “You want to be able to get at least two or three fingers between the baby’s chest and the swaddle.
Find fine muslin swaddles for your baby :